Privacy & cookies
1. Which customer data do we process
When you buy a ticket from us as a customer, we will ask you for the following data: name, address, postal code, city and country, E-mail address, phone number, date of birth and gender.
You can choose to buy tickets with or without an account. Without an account, you can only buy tickets through our Box Office. With an account, you can choose to subscribe to one or several newsletters, or to our digital Julidans brochure. You can also use your account to access your tickets.
With your account, you can also buy tickets for the Holland Festival, Nederlands Theater Festival and ITA. Your data will be stored in our ticketing database from Seatgeek/SRO.
Apart from customer data, we also manage data of our associates, such as business associates and press. Associates will be managed in a separate database.
2. Purposes and legal grounds for processing data
We like to be transparent about why we process the afore mentioned personal data, and what we do with these data:
- Name: these data are necessary for the execution of the agreement. Without a name, it is not possible to place an order.
- Address, postal code, city and country: these data are necessary for the execution of the agreement, e.g. when you want to receive your ticket(s) in the mail. They are also necessary for a legitimate interest, to be able to verify to what extent we are fulfilling our municipal and national goal of reaching an audience that is as broad and diverse as possible. We use your postal code and city anonymously in customer analyses. In case you indicated that you want to receive our biannual Julidans brochure, we will send it to you, on grounds of consent. Apart from this, we may also send our loyal customers mail based on visitor history. We do this on grounds of legitimate interest. As a loyal customer, we assume you will appreciate receiving information, which we carefully compose based on your preferences, and which involves a relatively small risk of privacy violations.
- E-mail address: these data are necessary for the execution of the agreement. We use your e-mail address to send you your e-ticket and a service mail about the performance you will be visiting. Your e-mail address also provides access to your account on our website, if you have chosen to create an account. For some performances, we will send you an evaluation e-mail afterwards. We do this on grounds of legitimate interest. Evaluating and processing feedback from our customers about our service is of great importance to us and involves a relatively small risk of privacy violations. If you subscribed to one of our newsletters, we will send you e-mails based on tour preferences and/or visitor history, on grounds of consent. You can easily withdraw this permission by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Phone number: these data are necessary for the execution of the agreement. We can use your phone number in case of changes, cancellations or calamities with regard to your visit. We can also contact you if you indicated that you want to be put on the waiting list for a sold-out performance.
- Date of birth and gender: these data are necessary for the promotion of a legitimate interest, to be able to verify to what extent we are fulfilling our municipal and national goal of reaching an audience that is as broad and diverse as possible. We use your date of birth and gender anonymously in customer analyses.
3. How long do we keep your data
We will store your data in our database for 7 years. We only do this to be able to make anonymized customer analyses and trend analyses. Apart from a number of regular customers, many customers only visit us once every few years. Only by analyzing longer periods of time can we map customer analyses and trends, which we need in order to assess to what extent we are fulfilling our municipal and national goal of reaching an audience that is as broad and diverse as possible.
4. Buying tickets anonymously
In case you wish not to be included in our database, despite our careful handling of your data, we offer you the possibility to buy tickets anonymously at the box office. If you choose this option, we will not be able to inform you about changes, cancellations or calamities regarding your visit. If you were to lose your tickets, we will unfortunately not be able to help you either. The opening hours of our box office are: Monday-Saturday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. (or until the start of the performance). During the weekend, the box office will be open from 1.5 hours before the start of the performance.
5. Rights of data subjects
We would like to inform you about your rights as a subject concerning the processing of personal data in our database.
- Right of information: you have the right to ask us whether your personal data are processed.
- Right of access: you have the right to access your data.
- Right of correction: you have the right to submit a request to correct your data.
- Right to oppose or limit or delete personal data: you have the right to ask us to remove your data from our database. This right only applies if the data are not/no longer necessary for the execution of the agreement. If you are still due to visit one of our performances, the data will remain in our database until the end of your visit. After that, we will anonymize your data according to your request and remove all traceable personal data.
- Right to pass on information (data portability): you have the right to obtain data in a way that allows you to easily pass them on to another controller.
- The right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
In case you want to use your rights as a data subject, please send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating which right(s) you wish to use. We will respond to your request no later than four weeks after receiving your message.
6. Data processor agreement
We have closed a processor agreement or cooperation agreement with the parties we collaborate with regarding the processing of personal data. It concerns the following parties/organizations:
- PerfectView: processor of our associates database
- Ogone: cooperation partner regarding online payments
- Mailchimp: processor for sending e-mails
- Seatgeek/SRO: processor of our ticket system
- Zicht/TicketTrigger: processor of our ticket system
- Google: processor for the data analysis of our online traffic
- APG: processor of our direct mailings
- ITA: ITA executes the festival’s ticket sales
- Holland Festival: ITA executes the festival’s ticket sales
- Nederlands Theater Festival: ITA executes the festival’s ticket sales
7. Sharing data with third parties
8. Security measures
Julidans is constantly working on the optimization of the security of customer data. Our websites can only be visited in a secured (HTTPS) environment and the management of data storage and the server is executed in compliance with ISO 27001.
9. Camera usage
Within Julidans, camera surveillance is used under certain circumstances. Among other things, camera surveillance is used to increase safety. Cameras can greatly violate the privacy of those who are filmed. In order to guarantee optimal privacy, cameras are only used when there are no other possible ways to achieve the goal, and the usage of cameras should comply with requirements.
1. Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
2. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. By using cookies, we make sure that e.g.:
- Surfing our website becomes easier and more enjoyable.
- You don’t have to receive or fill in the same information every time you place an order on our websites.
- We can offer you special features, such as the shopping cart.
- We can measure how our websites are used and what we can improve about them.
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests.
Cookies are not dangerous. They are not computer programmes and can’t be used to spread computer viruses or obtain private data or passwords from your computer.
3. Types of cookies
- Functional or necessary cookies: these cookies ensure that our website is functioning, e.g. features such as the shopping cart and payments.
- Analytical cookies: with analytical cookies, we gather statistics through Google Analytics about the usage of our website. By measuring website usage, we can keep improving our website to the advantage of our users. The data are used anonymously (data sharing is disabled) and a processing agreement has been reached with Google. All data are processed anonymously and encrypted, and deleted automatically after 14 months.
4. Adjust browser settings